Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Child Has Diabetes-A Mother's Prayer

This prayer was inspired by Katie B. and all the other mothers who are caring for a child with Type 1 Diabetes. I am so proud of all of you.

Dear God,
Comfort me.
I am so tired.
I feel consumed by numbers, weights and pin pricks.
Take my worry, Lord.
Bring me Your peace.

Keep my mind clear that I may interpret the numbers around me correctly.
Help me, Lord, to embrace the technology that keeps my son alive.

I ask Your blessing today on all the doctors and nurses who have gotten us this far.
I ask Your blessing on all the researchers who are
developing the medicines and technologies that will bring us a cure.
Please bless me with patience and perseverance as we await this miracle.

This is not the journey I had planned,
yet I know that Your hand is upon us.

Please guide and strengthen us.
Show me how best to use my talents and abilities
so that I may be a source of comfort to my family and Your light in the world.

I am so grateful for the gift of my son.
He is a blessing and a joy.
Let me not forget that joy is my strength.

May I be an instrument of Your peace.
May I be an instrument of Your love.
May my hands be Your hands.
My life is Yours.
May it bless my family and the world.

Thank You.
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you I also have a son with Type 1 diabetes, and pray for him daily, Thank you Jesus for all that you are doing in these precious childrens lives! Thank you for the Doctors, technologies, and insulins! We implore you for a cure, in Jesus name Amen:)

    ReplyDelete