Monday, November 30, 2009

Child of Sunshine

I am so excited to announce the completion of our first ever music video! "Child of Sunshine" is the song that I wrote for my son when he was about four months old. His grandmother had begun to call him her "Prince of Sunshine" and I loved the title. I went to a nearby lake where there was a walking path and began to walk around the lake with Clayton in a front carrier. By the time I had finished our walk, Clayton had fallen asleep and I had all of the lyrics. I found a napkin in our car and scribbled them down before I forgot them. I played with the melody for a few months until it settled down into what it has become.

"Child of Sunshine" was what I sang to Clayton every night before bed for years. I hope that this video shows the power of the loving bond between parents and children and that you and your children will enjoy it as much as we do.

If you enjoy it please pass the link on to your friends and family. We invite you also to download the song for your library. We have teamed up with IndieHeaven and are donating 100% of all proceeds from downloads of this song to the Children's Miracle Network from now until the end of the year.

Here is the link! http://www.lullabylink.com

As always, we would love to know what you think and welcome your comments. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment